NECTA RESULTS 2011: Excellent achievement in National Form IV and Zonal Form II Examinations
We are delighted to announce that for the third time running, Eagles Secondary School performed excellently in the NECTA Form 4 examinations. The results maintain the upward swing towards excellency that our School has dedicated itself to achieve and it is now generally accepted that Eagles is now well established as one of the premier secondary schools in the Nation. A notable performance in Kiswahili was achieved this time by our School: we were Number 1 position in Pwani Region and Number 3 overall in the Nation.
The results are a tribute to the veracity of our Board's business plans and the excellency of our academic staff under the guidance of the Headmaster and his management team. While academic excellency comes with hard work and keen guidance from the teachers, Eagles' excellent position is also due to our holistic approach to the development of the student: including the dedicated support of the administrative team. Our unequalled science and computer laboratory services; counselling; health & welfare; sports & games; board & lodging; and library services - all under one roof - have made it possible to turn out first-class, all-round students. Finally, but foremost, we salute our boys for the immense amount of work and self-denial that they have put in during their past 4 years in Bagamoyo.
Here is a summary of their performance:
- There were 53 students who sat, all of whom (100.0%) passed. The Centre GPA score was 2.932.
- Out of the 53 students, 4 got Division I while 25 got Division II and 14 students with Division III. There were 10 students with Division 4. No student failed.
- Eagles came 3rd in Pwani Region (after Marian and Kibaha High schools) out of 91schools.
- Nationally, Eagles was Number 43 out of 3,108 schools in Tanzania
- Special mention is made of Kiswahili: we were Number 1 in the Region and Number 3 in the Nation.
- Other high performances were in Computer Studies (3rd in the Region, 10th in the Nation); Basic Mathematics (4th/51st); Commerce (4th/19th); Bookkeeping (5th/29th); History (4th/69th).
NACTE Form II Examinations, Eastern Zone (Morogoro and Pwani)
It is also with great pride that we report the results of the Zonal 2011 Examinations that were announced about the same time as the National Form IV exams. Our 79 flying eagles performed equally well, maintaining our 10th rank overall (as last year, but with increased number of schools, from 327 to 349). Notable positions were 1st in Additional Mathematics; 5th in Commerce and in Computer Studies; 8th in History, Civics and in Bookkeeping; 10th in Basic Mathematics; 11th in English Language and in Chemistry; and 12th in Geography and in Biology.